Sunday Social Rides | Sunday at 8:30am
- Every Sunday from 22nd March, we will have at least 1 group, but depending upon numbers 2 to 3 Groups. There will always be a “24-26kph” Steady Group and where numbers dictate, a “Speedy” Group and/or “Long” Group. The Long group is more aimed at members who are training for Half or Full IM events but all welcome. The “Long” rides will generally operate from April onwards through the end of September and will depend upon demand.
- Arrive 8:15 for 08:30 depart prompt.
- Steady Group: 60-80KM – 3 hours @ 24-26KPH average group speed (speed on flat, obv slower if going to the Surrey Hills). This will be a NON DROP RIDE and normally involve a coffee stop.
- Speedy Group: 60-90KM – 3 – 3.5 hours @ 27-29KPH average group speed this will be a DROP RIDE.
- Long Group: 90KM+ – 3.5 hours + @ 27-29KPH. (You need to be capable of travelling at this speed on the flat in a group).
- We would ask that you join the “Steady” group the first time you come out unless you are confident you will keep up with the speedy group.
- Route will vary each week, we'll aim to publish on social channels in the days prior.
- Helmets, cycling clothing and clip in shoes are compulsory.
- No TT bikes, fixed gear/single speeds are permitted for both safety and riding reasons when riding in “Steady” or “Speedy” Groups.
- Each rider must be self sufficient. Bring your own food, water, tools and navigation (Garmin/Smart Phone).
- Riders should try to download supplied navigation route (Strava) prior to the ride.
Introductory Ride | Posted on Social Media, but generally 1st Saturday of Every Month starting from June.
(Before this there will be the Introduction to Triathlon Course March - May that will include 3 weekend rides which members are very welcome (encouraged) to attend.)
- Casual ride designed for those new to cycling or looking to improve their group riding skills and advance to some of our longer social rides.
- Support from regular ride leaders and experienced riders, offering advice, tips and tricks that will be handy for all cyclists.
- Meet at 08:30 for 09:00 depart at Warwick Close (opposite entrance to HOP).
- Around 40km at a pace comfortable for everyone.
- All abilities welcome // Any bike, any age!
- Helmets are compulsory as well as bringing tools, food, water etc.
- Respect yourself and those around you.
- Riders must be self sufficient - food, water, tubes and puncture repair kit.
- Listen to your body. Eat well, drink well, sleep well.
- Obey the laws of the road.
- Respect each other; riders, drivers & pedestrians.