Happy new year to you all! We hope you had a good Christmas and are feeling rested and ready for the new season.
Update: All sessions are now available via the Booking Tool
With training due to start on Monday 4th January the Committee have met to discuss the latest BTF guidelines and with all our venues in Tier 4 and the travel restrictions in place and the impact that has on a large number of our members we have taken the difficult decision to switch to a virtual programme until further notice. The full schedule will be:
- Monday – Turbo with Nick
- Tuesday – Yoga with Clare
- Wednesday – Virtual Run with Ralph
- Thursday – Circuits with Ralph
- Saturday – Virtual Run with Ralph
Monday to Thursday session will all be 7.00 to 8.00 pm and the Saturday session will be 8.30 to 9.30 am.
Some details, subtle adjustments and additions we will be making:
- Virtual runs – The Wednesday one will be longer intervals aimed at Senior members but Junior members are of course welcome to participate too. The Saturday one, will be shorter intervals aimed at Junior members but Senior members are of course welcome to participate too.
- Recordings – We will be recording the Virtual Run’s, Turbo and Yoga sessions for people that can not attend at the time. It will be only the coach recorded and not the participants. A further communication will go out to say where the recordings can be found.
- Turbo – We have been running two Turbo sessions, one coached by Nick and one a Workout interval set, uncoached Meet Up in Zwift by myself. But we are now combining these so instead of me randomly picking a set now it will be picked by Ralph/Nick with a long term structured training plan. The Zwift Meet Up will go out as usual and you will have two options to join in which will be the Zoom call with Nick to get guidance as you pedal or the Discord channel where there will be more chat. In-between the heavy breathing! Either way, its the same workout with the same long term strategy.
- Videos – Ralph will be issuing some more videos similar to the ones during Lockdown v1.0. We are looking at dry land swim exercises, bike maintenance, run form and weights sessions as possibilities but would be happy to hear your suggestions!
We are setting up the sessions in Bookly today and will send a short email later today to confirm when they are available to book.