Session number 2 in a series from Ralph….
Always start with a warm-up which can be some low intensity exercises such as jogging on the spot, low intensity star jumps, jumping side to side, heel kicks, high knees and some light jumps on the spot for 30 seconds each. Then repeat these exercises again but picking up the intensity on each. Perform some dynamic stretches (stretches with gentle movements) and some mobility exercises. You could also go for a light 10-minute run or a 10-minute cycle beforehand.
Once you are warmed up make sure that you have sufficient space around you with good lighting, well ventilated and have a mat, towel and a drink to hand. I would also always recommend that you do the exercises wearing adequate shoes.
Perform 3 sets of the following exercises. Concentrate on form rather than how many you can do but still count how many you are doing so you can compare in future rounds or occasions you perform this set. This will give you a target and also highlight if you are getting fitter on each exercise.
Set 1 – 30 seconds each exercise no rest between exercises. Repeat 3 sets. 1 minute between each set.
- Tuck jumps – Jump in the air bring both knees to chest
- Belt kicks – squat as you come up kick one leg in front of you to waist height.
- Hit the floor – turn to your side into a lunge position and touch the floor
- V Push-ups – go into a pike position with fingers facing each other and on your toes.
- Dips – 20 seconds normal, 20 seconds with one leg lifted off the floor then 20 secs other leg lifted.
Set 2 – 30 seconds each exercise. Repeat 3 sets. 1 minute between each set
- Hurdle Jumps – 4 jumps over a hurdle to the side then repeat opposite direction.
- Globe Jumps – Jump forwards into a squat to the left, to the back, to the right then to the front.
- Mountain climbers
Finish with 1 minute of:
- 8 Hop squats then 8 press ups continuous
Printable version: https://thamesturbo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Strengh-2.pdf